Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Microteaching - Lesson Plan

 My lesson plan for our first 10 minute microteaching session:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FuF8fYy5OdvyDx5nZjAkSaNWejXXF59MkvyzShDZFPk/edit?usp=sharing

 

8 comments:

  1. PS: But you haven't yet posted your response to the Elliot Eisner article, due today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. a) 3
    b) 3
    c) 3
    d) 1
    e) 3
    f) 3

    Zach had a great presentation on designing and creating your own board games and I liked how we started off with an idea and elaborated on that board game idea throughout the presentation. The lesson was well paced and clear to follow. If this was an in-person lesson, one way to improve embodied learning would be to play a quick board game together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a)3
    b)3
    c)3
    d)2
    e)3
    f)3
    Overall it's interesting to learn something about game design. I like having discussion throughout the lesson, lots of interesting ideas. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a) 3
    b) 3
    c) 3
    d) 2*
    e) 3
    f) 3

    Overall very well done. Caveat on d) is that we could've had materials if we were in a physical setting. Finished with time left to answer questions and took a live idea through the presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. (a) 3
    (b) 3
    (c) 3
    (d) 3
    (e) 3
    (f) 3

    Positive attributes:
    - engagement and questions from students
    - work through example was helpful to illustrate the design process

    Suggestions for improvement:
    - Have an idea for a board game ready just in case some students aren't able to come up with one on their own in the short time period allotted

    ReplyDelete
  6. Topic: Designing board games
    a) 2 b) 3 c) 2 d) 3 e) 3 f) 2

    Comments: I think the lesson went reasonably well, and I had a good level of engagement throughout as we workshopped one board game idea. I did feel a bit all over the place, and the lesson could have maybe done with a more cohesive structure - I jumped around from idea to idea a bit. I also had a bit of unexpected extra time at the end (I had about 13 minutes for the presentation instead of 10) and I could have handled that a little better.

    ReplyDelete

Reflection on the course

I would divide what I've learned from this course into two categories: the practical, which mostly came from preparing and presenting th...