I would still like to incorporate more non-traditional elements into it; most of my class plans still have some traditional elements because I am teaching multiple topics per day (I only have 6 instructional days total for this unit). I mostly designed my activities with minimal interpersonal interaction because of COVID-19, but depending on the situation I would love to incorporate more.
Sunday, December 6, 2020
Unit plan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reflection on the course
I would divide what I've learned from this course into two categories: the practical, which mostly came from preparing and presenting th...
-
My lesson plan for our first 10 minute microteaching session: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FuF8fYy5OdvyDx5nZjAkSaNWejXXF59MkvyzShDZF...
-
I had seen this problem a long time ago, and while I didn't remember the exact solution, I had some vague memories that definitely help...
-
Before this presentation, it had been a long time since I had done any group projects, but I though this one went quite smoothly! The time c...
Thanks Zach! And I hear what you're saying about adding non-traditional activities, and the limitations on physically interactive lessons under COVID restrictions...
ReplyDeleteYou have a good sketch of your unit plan here, but there are many details that will need to be thought out and added before it is completed. For example, what are the rules of the game you'll be playing in the first lesson? (I can suggest you take a look at traditional Indigenous games of chance like the peach pit game and others, and see if they would work with your unit...) What kinds of products do you expect from your students for the project, and how are these distinct from the everyday work you are doing together in class? I would also suggest that conditional probability might map well onto current work on false positives and false negatives from medical testing (like COVID testing), and in fact, that is the context in which this topic is often introduced in textbooks.
Good start, and lots more work to do to flesh out the all-important details!